Having a good marriage is hard work! Here is a small list of questions you can ask yourself to see if you’re really making an effort:
- Do I know the things I can do to improve the relationship?
- Am I actively doing the things that my spouse has mentioned would help?
- Do I have a good support system around me, encouraging my marriage?
- Do I take my best time and energy and invest it in my marriage, or do I give my marriage the leftovers?
- Do I have plans or goals to enhance the quality of my marriage?
Prescription: All of us can probably improve in one or more of these five areas. From this list, just pick one area to improve. When that is completed, pick another. The important thing is that you are trying to make things better!