Couples don’t always take time to consider whether their marriage is healthy. It’s easy for life to get in the way. Although these questions are not the only indicators of the health of yo
ur marriage, they can help get you thinking about the quality of your interactions with your spouse.
- When your spouse phones or emails you, do you usually take time to respond?
- How much time during the week do you spend talking as a couple?
- When you need to talk, do you go to your spouse first, most of the time?
- Has the affection waned in significant ways for long periods of time?
- Do you share your innermost thoughts and feelings more with your friends or your spouse?
Prescription: As you explore and answer these questions, consider why you behave as you do and determine whether it’s the result of a lack of intimacy in your marriage or simply laziness. God expects us to give us no less than our best to our spouse.