Mental Health Matters:
Anxiety And Youth
Bentheim Reformed Church / Sunday, October 15th
A light meal will be served at 6:00 p.m. – Program runs from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Winning At Home presents Mental Health Matters: Youth and Anxiety to equip and empower parents and students to recognize when mental health has become problematic as well as how to approach conversations about help. Our pastors and counselors will provide some expertise on topics such as:
- Recognizing signs and symptoms of anxiety: The differences between regular fear and anxiety
- Building healthy communication around mental health topics including common myths
- Treatment Options: Understanding how, where and when to get help
FROM THIS EVENT, PARENTS WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Develop self-awareness concerning their own mental health
- Navigate conversations about mental health with their kids
- Learn how to exercise self-care and compassion surrounding emotional wellness
Parents and students will join together to listen to Dr. Steve Norman & Dr. Emilie DeYoung cast a broad overview focusing on the importance of recognizing anxiety, understanding symptoms, and approaching conversations within families.
Join Dr. Emilie DeYoung as she shares expertise about creating a family environment that promotes emotional wellness.
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Join John Arens, LMSW, as he facilitates a conversation about recognizing anxiety, common coping skills, and how to help struggling friends.
5TH TO 8TH GRADE STUDENTS
Join Sara Miller, MA, LLPC as she incorporates games and activities that help students become aware of their thoughts and feelings as well as recognize when to talk to parents.